The Properties of Fully Refined Paraffin Wax
The melting points of fully refined paraffin wax is from 52℃ to 66℃. The most popular single product is fully refined paraffin wax 58 60.
The main uses of refined paraffin wax are for religious candle, art candle, additive for crayons,etc. 62℃ refined paraffin wax can also be used ad industrial formula wax, such as waterproof wax for carton, rubber tire wax, and encapsulants for dry battery carbon rods.
The application of paraffin is quite broadly related to the development of various industries. Its important properties are as follows:
1. Through the vacuum distillation of crude wax that is a by product of oil refining.
2. It is made of hydrocarbons. Its carbon number distribution is between 20-55 and molecular weight is between 280-800, which can be confirmed by gas chromatography.
3. It has 60-80 % of linear hydrocarbons. And it is of larger crystalline particles.
4. It has the following characteristics:
1) According to hardness, it is divided into soft paraffin wax and hard paraffin wax.
2) It is of very low volatility.
3) It is easy to melt at a temperature of 50 to 70 ℃.
4) It is of low viscosity in the molten state.
5) It is odorless and tasteless
6) It is of large latent heat
7) It can be broke down by microorganisms.
The properties of fully refined paraffin wax:
1. High melting point
2. The ratio of linear hydrocarbons is very high.
3. It is of high hardness and high wear resistance.
4. The carbon number distribution is narrow and the temperature sensitivity is sharp.